Pageviews last month

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Last Night's bodyrock workout/Why I'm so sore

This has been a tough week for me. I think partly because BodyRock.tv has started to put up beginner/intermediate/expert workouts, and I am choosing the intermediate. I don't know why.
Here is what I did last night, 15 minutes

2 sets of each exercise 50 sec each/ 10 sec off
walking pushup with tuck jump
ab crunch, stand and jump with two 8 pound weights
superman pushups (with feet elevated)
1/2 burpee with sumo high knees with two 8 pound weights
using two chair backs, low jack/V leg lifts
plank jumps, stand, shoulder press with two 8 pound weights

then, as a bonus! Abs!
50 seconds each exercise, 10 sec off

tuck abs with arm lifts
diamond legs reverse crunch
toe touch, right and left alternate

I was really sore after these last few days, but I feel like I accomplished something, something harder than I thought I could do.
(I am 49 and keeping up with my 22 and 18 year olds!)

So, this morning I did about 10 minutes of various ab crunches, and stretched my body really good for 20 minutes.
Also, don't forget to drink alot of water if you are sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment