Pageviews last month

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Don't pull that trigger! Coach Josh's newsletter

I get a lot of questions from my loyal readers about what I think is the absolute WORST food of all time.

Is it Twinkies? Maybe McDonald's French fries? Biscuits and gravy? Soft drinks stuffed with high fructose corn syrup? Lard? Cheese-stuffed crust on a meat lovers pizza? (Really? We need cheese in the crust, too?)

Hmm... although all of these foods are at the top of my "bad" list, they aren't the WORST.

Nope. The worst food ever is ... drum roll please ... any food that you can't stop eating. (That's so important take a moment to read that sentence again.) I'm talking about your personal "trigger foods." You know, that one food that you'll eat until you make yourself sick.

For me it's ice cream. For others it's chocolate or something crunchy and salty like chips.

If it's in my house ... I'll come up with dozens of excuses on why it's okay to eat it. "I'll workout extra hard tomorrow." Or, "I ate really healthy today so it's okay to cheat." Or, "I don't care ... give me that darn ice cream scooper!" =)

The key to getting (and keeping a flat belly) is recognizing these trigger foods and keeping them OUT OF YOUR HOUSE.

Really. This tip alone can save you thousands of calories every week.

So today's take home message is this: make a list of your top three trigger foods and "send them packin'."

Deal? I hope so.

Best!

Coach Josh

So, If you know me, you know my trigger is PIZZA. This is how my vicious cycle works: I eat pizza, at least 3 slices Then I want something sweet, cookies or icecream. Then I want another slice of pizza... What is your trigger?
Jonni

No comments:

Post a Comment